Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Ekeko - Day 7

Today was my birthday AND I was sick, but our district has basically run out of subs, so I went in to work anyway. However, I wanted the students to be very independent so I wouldn't have to talk too much.

So, asked students to re-read the section with the witch and the ending of the chapter (pages 26-30) in Spanish and translate the main ideas into English with a partner. They had to write a short summary of the chapter (2-4 sentences in Spanish) into their note packet.

After they finished, the students had a set of pictures from the text of Chapters 1-4 that I printed onto card stock so they would last better as a class set. With their partner, students had to go through and retell the story from beginning to end. I scaffolded this activity by having students work with 3 different partners.

1. With the first partner, describe the pictures.
2. With the second partner, describe the pictures AND tell anything else you remember about that scene, such as how characters are feeling or where they are.
3. With a third partner, give as much detail as you did in the first two groups AND add in the connector words we know (which at this point in the year includes: primero, segundo, tercero, entonces, despues, de repente y por fin) to make your story flow better.

It was a good review! And I didn't have to do the talking. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment